Thursday, July 2, 2015

"Traveling is one of the saddest pleasures of life."

- Madame de Stael

I'm getting on a big plane from CMH tomorrow and from LAX on the 4th. And d-r-e-a-d-i-n-g all the changes that are coming.

What am I doing? Why am I changing my lucky life? I love my bed and the person in it, my steady supply of spinach salads, the cybex arc trainer at planet fitness. It's a great time ovah heyah!

"Just get on the plane," the alums tell me, "It's all down hill from there."

Despite steady progress and all the work and time I've already invested into this idea, part of me thought this day would never happen. It reminds me that, one day, my last will surprise me too. 

To me, that's freeing. One day today will be a blip in a lifespan. One action taken. One decision made. It's a reason to take leaps and quit nice jobs and leave beautiful people. It's a good reason to try now. When I calm my monkey mind and trust myself I'm not afraid. It's going to be groovy. 

Lately, though, I've just been freaking out. I'm tired of anticipating and thinking about the unknowns. I want a couple more weeks in Ohio at least, with the people I love, but at the same time I'm determined to make this happen, so let it happen. 

America, you've been damn good to me. But, despite recent improvements (USA! USA!), you've got some growing up to do. 

I've got some growing to do too. I expect to come back bolder, badder, with a bigger idea of the world, a little less rigid, a lot more wrinkled (like a raisin from the ocean, suckas) and hopefully a little wiser. 


So let it be written, so let it be done. 
Thanks for giving a rat's arse. See you in a while crocodile.

No comments:

Post a Comment